Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 6, 2011

He's Finally Here....

It was a sunny Friday morning and I had my usual weekly pregnancy checkup at with Dr. Seri PCMC. Sis, May, was 'assigned' to accompany me for checkup since hubby was working. I was anxious about what dr. gonna say since I'm due anytime from now (my EDD was 07.08.2011).Baby's condition was good and dr. suggested that I would wait for another few days before she admit me for dripping if there was no sign of delivery by the expected due date. I agreed with her suggestion and went home waiting impatiencely.
I could feel a constant contraction pain when I was at home in the afternoon. I wonder if that was the sign of delivery. However, I did not bother about it until hubby came home from work and the pain was getting worse and worse. Since the pain was still bearable, I decided to meet up with the babysitter nearby our house to check out her place.

I could not sit still throughout the whole meeting with the babysitter at her house. I was kinda sure that this is what contraction pain felt like. After the meeting, we went home to and I noticed that there was bloodstaint coming out from my lower part.

Since we had planned to have Korean food for dinner with our family members(MIL, May, Aunty Cecilia, June and kids), I decided to enjoy my dinner before admit to hospital.

Took a quick shower at home after dinner before we proceeded to the hospital.

Reached PCMC at around 9pm and was then admitted into the ward where the midwives checked whether I was ready for delivery. Checked, and was 2cm opened, ready for delivery soon...However, the midwife asked whether I would wanna get admitted now or wait at home as it's gonna take another few more hours before fully dilated. I chose to be admitted instead so that the midwives could monitor my condition and I did not have to worry that when would be the TIME to welcome my baby.... The midwife was very kind ordered a plate of sandwiches for me in case I would be hungry during midnite, but I was too excited about the whole delivery thingy that I did not eat it.

I opt for epidural since heard so many good things about it. Had the injection at my spine at the back and was given drip to fasten the labour process. My legs were totally numb and I started to vomit nonestop as a result of the epidural. It seems like forever, having to go through all these pain while waiting for delivery....

Hubby was with me throughout the whole process. Poor thing, he had to sleep at the sofa bed next to me and be my slave whenever I asked him to do something, check the contraction graph, change my plastic bag each time I vomitted, etc. He was very excited and smiled nonestop despite my demanding order every few seconds...That was how we spent the whole night in the labour room!

The midwife would come in to check my condition every now and then and report to my gynae even during midnite. I felt so touch and totally salute how dedicated they are towards their job as a midwife and doctor.

The 2nd packet of drip seems like forever and took longer than expected. Hubby started to get impatience (so did the rest of my family members) by 6am, thought I would deliver by then. Phone calls from family members kept coming in nonestop to check on my condition, and hubby would be the reporter and update everyone on my condition.

By 9am, my contraction pain got stronger and worse. We were very excited and pray for safe delivery....

Waited and waited....

The midwife came into the labour room again at around 12ish and informed us that the baby was ready to come out anytime. Minutes later, Dr Seri came into the room with a big smile, and that really released my tension. She even praised me for staying so calm and as cheerful as ever although I was in pain.

Dr. Seri asked me to pussshhhhhh, and pussshhhhh, and pussshhhh........

It was such a magical moment when Dr Seri pull the baby's head out and seconds later, his whole body was out, and baby cries followed later. This was indeed a miracle to witness how my little baby was brought into this world. Hubby was extremely excited and could not stop smiling when he met our little precious baby. I was so grateful to God for giving me such a beautiful baby. He has got dark brown hair and tiny fingers and toes. All are so perfect and beautiful.

The midwife then brought the baby and put it on my chest. The bonding between baby and I were so strong and sweet that this experience is undescribable. He is such a beautiful baby and I just couldn't stop laying my eyes on him.

Baby Jayden has indeed changed our life. He has made our marriage stronger than ever, and he has make our relationship as husband and wife closer. His arrival has brought us so much joy.

Dear baby Jayden, thank you for making this a perfect family for us. We love you forever and ever....

Our Precious Baby Jayden

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...